ProStreet Rules Continued......
1. Fuel delivery system must be stock mechanical type fuel pump. Belt drive and by-pass are allowed.
2. Fuel line cannot pass through driver’s compartment – no vinyl or plastic line. Steel braid recommended.
Any carburetor can be run except Predator.
Any stock passenger car or ½-ton pickup rear end allowed and must be mounted in stock locations. Rear end units may be locked. Quick-changes are allowed. Only steel axle housings are allowed. Rear end must be mounted underneath rear frame rails. No limited slip or rachet rear ends allowed. One drive shaft loop mandatory. 360 degree wrap around not more that 6" from front of drive shaft. Drive shaft must be painted white. Aluminum drive shaft may be used. May not be floated.
Three wheel brakes mandatory, in working condition. Brake valve may be used and can be in the driver compartment. Right front brake optional. May be checked at any time.
Must have kill switch. Must be highly visible on dash.
Battery may be relocated but must be securely mounted and covered with sheet rubber. Must be able to start car at all times.
Battery type ignition only. No magnetos or crank triggered. Only one complete ignition system may be installed in the car. No backup system or backup components may be added. No digital boxes allowed.
Any headers okay.
1. Any V-8 cast iron automotive engine block. No aluminum.
2. Maximum displacement is 368 CI.
3. Brodix spec head or steel head. Must be OEM stock steel heads and 23 degree valve single only. No aluminum blocks. However, any cast iron block is allowed.
ALUMINUM SPEC HEAD RULE:
1. All spec heads will be supplied with CNC bowl blend and intake matching.
2. No grinding or blending of CNC work is allowed.
3. No grinding or polishing of any kind is allowed anywhere on the castings.
4. No use of any substance that may change or alter the shape or size of ports or combustion chambers is allowed.
5. Valve seats and guides are to remain as manufactured and in their cast position, valve must stay on valve seat and cannot touch aluminum.
6. Valve angles are to remain as manufactured. The original seat center locations as provided by the head manufacturer may not be altered.
7. No tapering or reshaping of valve guides will be allowed.
8. No minimum combustion chamber volume.
9. Spec cylinder head serial numbers must remain on the head and may not be defaced or altered.
10. No welding modifications are allowed to the original castings. Brodix will provide a repair service where we register and keep track or repairs if you desire. (Chevrolet part number SP CH OKC) (Mopar part number SP MO OKC) (Ford part number SP FD OKC)
11. Valve stem may be no smaller than 11/32.
12. Any steel head such as Dart EQ World Product is allowed. Valves must remain stock value angle. This means Chevy 23 degrees-Mopar 18 degrees-Ford 20 degrees.
13. Valve sizes on all heads maximum 208 intake/exhaust 1.60.
14. Only heads may be ported or polished are stock type heads such as 461 Chevy or 462 - 291 Vortex.
15. IF YOU RUN ALUMINUM HEADS YOU MUST RUN 25 LBS. IN FRONT OF MID-PLATE.
3. Domed piston not allowed. Flat top pistons or stock type dished pistons ONLY.
4 Only steel rods can be used.
5. Any steel crankshaft can be used. No titanium engine parts allowed, except valve spring retainers.
6. Camshaft and lifters must be of a flat tappet design only. Roller cams, lifters, mushroom cams/lifters are not allowed. Gear drives are allowed.
7. Any type of American manufactured carburetor, not in exceed four barrels allowed. No Preditors, no solenoids allowed. No vacuum leaks allowed between top of carb and intake valves. All air fuel delivery must be through carburetor. No injection type fuel delivery systems allowed.
8. INTAKE MANIFOLD: OEM or stock type cast aluminum allowed. May be ported only to match heads. One, one-inch spacer may be used between carburetor and intake manifolds. No welding, grinding, cutting, porting, polishing anywhere on intake EXCEPT for one inch maximum inside intake runners to match heads.
9. No fuel injection, nitrous oxide, super or turbo chargers - no water injection systems. No pressure systems.
10. Only pan type oil pumps allowed. No dry sump or external pumps. Oil pan style is optional. A one-0 inch diameter inspection hole in upper side of pan above oil line and windage tray is recommended. If car is protested or inspected and pan has no inspection hole, pan must be pulled at track..
11. All valves and plug holes must remain in stock location.
12. No automatic cam timing devices.
13. Water pumps are limited to stock mount, belt driven type.
14. Fan shroud enclosing fan is required if fan is used.
15. Engine may set back no farther than center of number one spark plug even with center of front ball joint. (1" plus or minus)
16. Any starter can be used including rear mounted starters with special bell housing and small flywheel.
17. All pumps must be mounted on front of engine.
18. NO TRACTION DEVICES.
19. After three A feature wins, engine will be puffed.
If you have any questions call Mark Brill at 405-769-6927. Don’t GUESS!!!
If it doesn’t say you can do it in the rules...You can’t!!!