E-Sprint Rules Continued........
1. Hydraulic lift cams only. Must have 12" of vacuum at 1200 rpms. Timing or carburetor may not be altered at time of tech, if vacuum used. It is the tracks discretion as to which way they want to check cam, even on the protest. Must have vacuum fitting in intakes. If track opts to use vacuum for tech, tech by vacuum will be final.
2. No hydraulic roller cam or lifters. No bronze bushings in the lifter bore or similar pieces. Up to four bronze bushings will be allowed in lifter bore for repair. Hydraulic lifters only. No solid cams or solid lifters allowed.
3. Anti-pump up lifters okay. No gear drives.
4. No reverse rotation cams or motors. OEM rotation only.
5. No vacuum cams of any type allowed.
1. No porting, acid dipping, or polishing allowed. Screw-in studs and guides plates are legal.
2. Stock diameter springs only for heads used. Springs up to 1.440 are allowed due to Ford and Chrysler having the same size spring.
3. Milling heads allowed.
4. Any type rocker will be allowed.
5. No titanium components allowed. No carbon fiber parts anywhere.
6. Poly-locks are allowed. Heads may be cut 360 degrees under valves in bowl area only.
7. 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 angle valve jobs are legal.
8. No O-ringing block or heads.
9. Any breather/valve cover configuration/composition is allowed.
10. Due to Fords and Mopars having no cc rule, neither will Chevy’s.
11. If after market cylinder heads are used you must run stock diameter springs and valve sizes. 194-150
12. Engine Quest stock replacement head only. Part # CH350I
13. Stud girdles allowed.
CHEVROLET: HEADS - GM
1. Only these casting numbers can be used: 997, 445, 882, 624, 441, 487, 993, 185. These are the last three digits and they are the only ones legal.
2. No valves larger than 202 intake or 1.60 exhaust.
1. Any cast iron head. OEM Ford heads only.
2. No Boss or after market heads of any kind.
3. No valves larger than 204 intake or 1.70 exhaust.
MOPAR: HEADS - PLYMOUTH, DODGE, CHRYSLER
1. Any cast iron head. OEM Mopar only.
2. No after market heads of any kind.
3. Mopar can use the rocker arm bars. OEM only.
4. No valves larger than 2.04 intake or 1.70 exhaust.
If you have any questions call Mark Brill at 405-769-6927. Don’t Guess!!
IF IT DOESN’T SAY YOU CAN DO IT IN THE RULES YOU CAN’T!!