E-Modifed Rules Continued.......
All cars must be numbered with large legible numbers on both sides, on top and rear panel. Numbers on sides and top of car must be contrasting color from body, be at least four inches thick and at least 20 inches high. Sponsors names must not interfere with car numbers and must be neatly lettered.
1. Single or dual master cylinder after market brake pedal is allowed, or dual pedal with adjuster okay within drivers reach.
2. Rear brakes must be drum or disc up to 12” disc brakes. Steel only. Hats and steel rotors are legal on rear ends ONLY. Hats must be steel.
3. A proportioning valve may be used, but must be installed out of the drivers reach. No fluid controlled valve of any type within reach of driver.
4. Minimum of three working brakes is required.
5. No aluminum brake components allowed.
Only one battery is allowed. Must be securely mounted. Subject to tech inspection. Battery may be charged by an alternator.
1. All cars must have ignition switch clearly labeled.
2. Ignition switch must be located within reach when standing outside the car (easily accessible to emergency personnel.)
3. Stock or stock style ignition only. Ford may use Motorcraft or FoMoCo, including box. Mopar may use Mopar, including box. HEI legal on Ford or Mopar.
4. HEI must remain in one unit, no external coils allowed, unless you are using dual or single point distributor.
5. MSD or any module may be used as long as it fits inside the distributor with no alteration. Vacuum advance may be removed and the pick-up coil locked.
6. MSD, any brand, or GM electronic boxes are not allowed. No magnetos.
Round tube headers only. All primary header tubes must enter directly into one collector at same point at end of header and point rearward.
1. Any dual plain intake. Cast iron or aluminum.
2. Any IMCA or NCRA approved intake dual plain or open plenum legal.
3. No porting or polishing of any kind.
1. Back of entire flange must be mounted at a minimum of 70” forward of the centerline of the rear axle. This will be measured on the passenger side of the car.
2. Minimum engine height is 11” from the ground to the center of the crankshaft. This will be measured on the front of the crank shaft/pulley.
1. Only 283, 302, 305, 327 and 350 blocks can be used for Chevrolet. No big blocks. OEM only.
2. Only 260, 289, 302, and 351 blocks can be used for Ford. No big blocks. OEM only.
3. Only 273, 318, 340 and 360 blocks can be used for Mopar. No big blocks. OEM only. No hemis.
4. All casting numbers must remain on blocks. No side bolt main blocks allowed.
5. No 400 small block or big block crankshafts allowed. This goes for Ford, Chevy or Mopar.
6. No 4-cylinders allowed. No V-6’s allowed. No in-lines. V-8’s only.
7. Again: only Ford, Chevy or Mopar engines are allowed.
8. Mopar - Chrysler, Plymouth and Dodge. 370 cubic inch maximum.
9. Ford - Ford and Mercury. 368 cubic inch maximum.
10. Chevy - Pontiac, Buick, Oldsmobile as long as they are Chevrolet engines. 368 cubic inch maximum.
11. No tolerance on cubic inch.
12. Cylinder head: May use Engine Quest (EQ) stock replacement (SR) cylinder head. Part #CH350I. Head must remain as produced. Valve sizes cannot be changed. 194 intake and 150 exhaust. No porting or polishing.
13. If after market cylinder heads are used you must run stock diameter springs.
E-Modified Rules Continued